· Santa Cruz County Recommends Indoor Masking in Public Places as Extra Protection Against Increases in COVID-19. English Statement here. Spanish here.
· COVID-19 Vaccine:
o Everyone 12 years of age and older is now eligible.
o Local Vaccine Information including how to schedule an appointment.
o Vaccination Scheduling Assistance Help Lines:
§ Call Community Action Board 831-440-3556.
Help provided in English, Spanish, Mixteco and Triqui.
§ Bilingual Helpline Call Community Bridges 831-219-8607
§ Assistance in Watsonville:
· Call 831-768-3279
· Visit the Main Library 275 Main St., Suite 100 Watsonville, CA 95076 Monday - Friday 12pm - 6pm
o Individuals who are homebound can fill out this survey to get the vaccine or call Community Bridges 831-219-8607 for help filling out the survey.
o Bilingual COVID-19 Safety and Vaccine Messaging by the Save Lives Pajaro Valley Group and the latest videos for youth by youth featuring Lupita Rojas from FoodWhat?! :How to sign up to get vaccinated. What it’s like to get vaccinated.
· State Eviction Moratorium and Rental Assistance
o State Law AB 832:
§ State Eviction Moratorium is extended until September 30th 2021. Tenants must submit a declaration form within 15 days + pay at least 25% of their monthly rent between Sept 1, 2020- June 2021, or in bulk by Sept 30, (you can apply for this to be covered too) to avoid eviction. Landlords cannot evict for non-payment if they haven’t applied for rental assistance.
§ Tenants at 80% or below the median income in our county can apply for 100% of rent and utilities owed. If you have already applied, you do not need to reapply.
§ Tenants and landlords may be eligible for financial assistance for upcoming monthly rent too.
o Apply for CA COVID-19 Rent & Utility Relief
This is for both past due and future payments owed to your landlord or utility companies due to COVID-19 impacts.
§ To apply, Visit the website, text “RENT” to 211-211 or call 831-316-1822 or local resource centers for assistance applying:
· In South County Call:
o Community Action Board 831-778-4535
o Families in Transition 831-740-2947
· In Mid and North County:
o Community Bridges in Live Oak 831-476-7284
o Community Bridges in Beach Flats 831-423-5747 ext 13
o Community Bridges in San Lorenzo Valley 831-335-6600
· Financial/ Rental Assistance:
o Learn more about rental, financial, and basic needs assistance you may qualify for at your local resource center: Community Bridges, Community Action Board, Catholic Charities, Valley Churches United
· FEMA is taking applications to help cover funeral costs due to COVID, regardless of immigration status.Call 844-684-6333
· Get help paying for PG&E Bills
o For those impacted by COVID-19 PG&E is offering financial help with past due and future energy bills. Please visit their website here or see the attached flyers.
o Home Energy Assistance Program.Call 1-888-728-3637 to learn more.
· Housing for Harvest:
Support for farmworkers or food processing workers who have COVID-19 to safely isolate. May include free temporary hotel housing, help with groceries, transportation, medical checks, and isolation incentive of $500. Call 831-454-4242
· Fire Survivor Resource Guide for August is here.
· Wildfire Preparation Worksheet and Evacuation Guide from the Fire Safe Council of Santa Cruz County: here.
· New Comprehensive Debris Flow Report. We will have a new comprehensive debris flow report that will significantly reduce and in many cases eliminate the need for property owners to pay for their own individual reports. If your preclearance requires a geologic report, wait until the new debris flow report is complete in the next 10-12 weeks. If you have questions, contact 4Leaf at the Recovery Permit Center firstname.lastname@example.org 831-454-5323
· Low-Income Fire Survivors may apply for an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) through Habitat for Humanity Monterey Bay. More information here.
· The One- Year from Disaster Tax Filing Deadline is approaching. If you have not done so, please fill out this Calamity Property Tax Form to help reduce property taxes after your loss.
· August Community Relief and United Policyholders events for fire families.
· Long Term Recovery Group Resources:
If you need assistance in recovering from the CZU August Lightning Complex Fire email CZUFireHelp@gmail.com or call 831-920-4764 to be connected with a disaster case manager. Disaster case managers can help you return to safe and secure housing by connecting you with available resources, assisting in advocacy and appeals, and creating an attainable recovery plan with you.
· Nation’s Finest is offering free referral support and one-hour, self-help, virtual group support meetings on the Teams platform, plus one-on-one phone crisis intervention to those impacted by the wildfires. Contact Nation’s Finest email@example.com or the direct hotline, 650-431-3209, to reach a crisis counselor.
· Santa Cruz County Fire Recovery: all the latest info including Debris Removal, The Recovery Permit Center , Events, 2-1-1 Fire Resources & Latest News